Looking for a career in a growing, vibrant industry?
We bring roofs to life and lead the Southeast in design, installing, maintaining and restoring high-quality and high performance green roofs.
Benefits of working at Living Roofs
Highly competitive pay
Pay based on experience for senior-level positions and starting wages for all entry-level employees fulfill current living wage rates established by Just Economics of Western NC. In addition to wages, per diem is provided for all overnight travel.
Company Retirement Plan
Employees are eligible to participate in the company retirement plan with tax-deferred earnings and employer-matched contributions of up to 3% of annual compensation.
Paid Time Off and Holidays
We offer 8 Paid holidays and the opportunity to accumulate Paid Time Off (PTO). For a full work schedule, PTO amounts to 80 hours (or 10 days) per year.
Professional development and training
Company provided and outside agency skill-based training, increased duties and responsibilities, and company-wide workshops to provide professional development, employee training, and team building.
Fun meaningful work
We work hard, but we also have fun building green roofs and rooftop amenity areas for people to access nature and get outside for a breath of fresh air. Company gatherings and quarterly meetings throughout the year are a time to regroup as a team and catch up off the roof.
Room for growth
Living Roofs Inc is a growing company. As we develop, we look forward to sharing this progress with our team through annual raises, increased professional development, and expanding our benefits package.
Job OpeningsSee career benefits
Seasonal Green Roof Maintenance Technician
The Seasonal Green Roof Maintenance Technician (SGRMT) reports to the Horticulture & Maintenance Manager and performs green roof and living wall maintenance services on commercial and residential projects. The position is based out of Asheville, NC and requires frequent weekly travel, Monday through Friday, to project sites located across North Carolina, South Carolina, Virginia, Tennessee, and Georgia. This is an entry level position and no previous green roof or living wall experience is required. Training will be provided. Candidates with experience in landscaping, ecological restoration, public garden horticulture or related fields are encouraged to apply. This is a seasonal (temporary) position and will have an end date coinciding with the end of the green roof maintenance season, likely within the month of November 2024.
- Always work safely and in compliance with the LRI Safety Program.
- Securely load and unload trucks with equipment, tools, and materials.
- Transport crew members, equipment, tools, and materials to job sites.
- Support plant community establishment and ensure on-going maintenance goals are met.
- Identify desired plants as well as undesired plants.
- Mechanically remove weeds as needed to ensure overall goals of the roof are achieved.
- Troubleshoot and fix irrigation systems; adjust watering regimes as needed.
- Dead head and cut back perennials; prune woody plant material.
- Install plants for plant community enhancements and green roof restorations.
- Operate power equipment including drills, saws, string trimmers and air compressors.
- Collect soil samples for testing and apply soil amendments as needed.
- Occasionally assist with green roof, pedestal paver, amenity terrace, and living wall installations.
- Familiarity with landscaping or related industries.
- Ability to routinely travel overnight for project work Monday through Friday.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with insurable driving record.
- Must have a great attitude and strong work ethic.
- Must be punctual, a team player, and a good communicator.
- Outdoor work in all types of weather, including heat, cold, sun, wind, rain, and snow.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to stand, bend, kneel, and squat for prolonged periods of time.
- Familiarity working with power tools and driving trucks
- First Aid/CPR/AED
Not seeing an open position that fits you?
We’re always on the lookout for great people to join our team. Please send your resume to email@example.com indicating what position you’re applying for in the subject line and tell us why you’re interested in joining us and building green roofs.