Looking for a career in a growing, vibrant industry?
We bring roofs to life and lead the Southeast in design, installing, maintaining and restoring high-quality and high performance green roofs.
Benefits of working at Living Roofs
Highly competitive pay
Pay based on experience for senior-level positions and starting wages for all entry-level employees fulfill current living wage rates established by Just Economics of Western NC. In addition to wages, per diem is provided for all overnight travel.
Company Retirement Plan
Employees are eligible to participate in the company retirement plan with tax-deferred earnings and employer-matched contributions of up to 3% of annual compensation.
Paid Time Off and Holidays
We offer 8 Paid holidays and the opportunity to accumulate Paid Time Off (PTO). For a full work schedule, PTO amounts to 80 hours (or 10 days) per year.
Professional development and training
Company provided and outside agency skill-based training, increased duties and responsibilities, and company-wide workshops to provide professional development, employee training, and team building.
Fun meaningful work
We work hard, but we also have fun building green roofs and rooftop amenity areas for people to access nature and get outside for a breath of fresh air. Company gatherings and quarterly meetings throughout the year are a time to regroup as a team and catch up off the roof.
Room for growth
Living Roofs Inc is a growing company. As we develop, we look forward to sharing this progress with our team through annual raises, increased professional development, and expanding our benefits package.
Job OpeningsSee career benefits
Design Studio Manager
The Design Studio Manager, with support from the Design Principal and Director of Operations, will be launching and managing Living Roofs, Inc.’s design studio as a separate department. The design studio will offer a full suite of design services directly to clients from concept through construction documents and administration, and collaborate with Living Roofs, Inc.’s construction team to produce shop drawings and installation plans. This position requires exceptional leadership aptitude, a willingness to collaborate with others in the design and construction processes, and advanced technical drawing and rendering skills. How to Apply: If you are interested in joining a progressive company dedicated to creating resilient and beautiful vegetated roofs and living walls, then please submit a cover letter, resume, and design portfolio representing your range of skills and experience as it relates to this position.
- Guide the launch of the design studio as a separate department within the company
- Coordinate project work, establish team goals, and develop strategies for process improvement
- Develop and manage design project budgets, estimates, and proposals
- Foster and create client relationships in new and existing design opportunities
- Conduct site analyses and research for design projects
- Prepare conceptual design diagrams, plans, sections, and illustrations for client review
- Produce technical design documentation and presentation graphics
- Generate formal presentations and necessary documents for construction
- Develop green roof planting plans and plant schedules for design projects
- Collaborate with construction team and draft shop drawings for construction projects
- Create installation and plant distribution plans to assist the construction team
- Source and manage plant orders and installation schedules for construction projects
- Track staffing needs, hire and train new employees, and assist with performance reviews
- Enthusiasm for green roofs and green infrastructure
- Extensive knowledge of plants and planting design, particularly perennials and grasses
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, and 3D modeling software
- Excellent time management, organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills, positive attitude, collaborative work ethic, entrepreneurial spirit
- Ability to adjust to dynamic project schedules and priorities
- 3+ years of relevant professional experience
- Degree in architecture, landscape architecture, landscape design, or similar
- Experience working in a design and construction firm
Annual salary starting at $68,000.
Benefits include paid time off, paid holidays, company retirement plan with 3% employer match, and discounted corporate YMCA membership.
Not seeing an open position that fits you?
We’re always on the lookout for great people to join our team. Please send your resume to email@example.com indicating what position you’re applying for in the subject line and tell us why you’re interested in joining us and building green roofs.